Re: xvba-video not working with Debian's libva1

Author: Gwenole Beauchesne
To: Maik Zumstrull
CC: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: xvba-video not working with Debian's libva1
Hi,

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Maik Zumstrull wrote:

> I assume this could be fixed only by upstream offering fresh binaries,
> so I've CCed him on this. According to <http://bugs.debian.org/586016>,
> the Debian libva1 has the SDS patches; hopefully that means it's just
> a matter of rerunning the build against Debian.

The Debian libva1 does not have the SDS patches.

> Could I get fresh xvba-video packages, please?

I will only build xvba-video against the libva version we use. However, I
made some changes for 0.7.1 so that the binary can work with the original
libva 0.31.0 ("1.0.1").

> On the other end of the stack, getting VA-API capabilities into mplayer
> would still be nice, not sure how much progress has been made with
> mplayer upstream on that.

I have not tried recently. One mplayer dev initially requested that some
unrelated and supposed FFmpeg's h264 bug was fixed beforehand. However, if
I were to merge VA-API support into upstream, only a streamlined version
of mplayer-vaapi would be applicable. e.g. the pure VAAPI/X11 rendering.
The VA/GLX support code is just demonstration code.

> I'm also about to file a wishlist bug against Debian vlc to enable
> VA-API support, which vlc 1.1.0 supposedly has.

Yes, VLC 1.1.x does support VA-API.

Regards,
Gwenole.