Re: apt pinning debian multimedia

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: apt pinning debian multimedia
Andres Cimmarusti <acimmarusti@???> writes:

> Hi there,

Hi,

> I've been trying to use apt pinning to prevent the debian-multimedia
> repo from upgrading by default any packages from Debian main
> (testing). So far all my attempts have been in vain. Is there a way to
> set this up as, for example, the Debian experimental repo, that
> requires you to use -t to actually get the package, or at the very
> least it doesn't upgrade by default?

Experimental is configured with "NotAutomatic: yes" in Release file and
thus experimental package aren't upgraded automatically. So, this
configuration isn't possible for official packages :)

> This is my /etc/apt/preferences

I use this pinning :

,----
| Package: *
| Pin: release o=Unofficial Multimedia Packages
| Pin-Priority: 1000
|
| Package: *
| Pin: release o=Debian
| Pin-Priority: 900

`----

and :

,----
| $ apt-cache policy ffmpeg
| ffmpeg:
|   Installé : 5:0.6~svn20100726-0.0
|   Candidat : 5:0.6~svn20100726-0.0
|  Table de version :
|  *** 5:0.6~svn20100726-0.0 0
|        1000 http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid/main Packages
|         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
|      4:0.5.2-2 0
|         900 http://ftp.fr.debian.org sid/main Packages

`----

Tell me if this work or not. If this work I'll add that in my FAQ.

Christian