Re: mythfrontend

Author: Ariel
To: James U
CC: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythfrontend

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, James U wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your work on these packages. I have a build request. My
> mythbackend runs Ubuntu and my frontends on Debian can no longer
> connect because there has been a set of changes in the network
> protocols. See:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1533436&page=2 for a
> reference.
>
> Would it be possible to rebuild the myth packages so they speak and hear
> network protocol 56?

Protocol 23056 happened because of a bug fix:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25363

Which was backported to the current version (.23):
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25366

This fix unfortunately changed the ABI.

Version 23056 will probably remain until version .24 of mythtv.

Ubuntu should upgrade to 23056 rather than the reverse, and from the
thread you posted it looks like version 0.23.1 on ubuntu uses 23056 and
you should switch to that on your backend.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9744883&postcount=18

     -Ariel