Re: Advice for mythtv 0.24 packaging

Author: Ariel
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Advice for mythtv 0.24 packaging

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010, Christian Marillat wrote:

> I don't know how to put python files installed in
> /usr/share/mythtv/internetcontent
>
> I think mythtv-backend. Right ?
>
> Same for /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television,
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py , /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen and
> /usr/bin/mythwikiscripts

mythpreviewgen is backend for sure.

The python files (internetcontent, tmdb.py, etc.) should probably go in
their own package (mythtv-backend-python). This is because they will have
dependencies on certain python bindings, which should probably not be
pulled for a regular mythtv install, and because it will cause trouble
for python upgrades.

I haven't run any of them, but from what I could see they are all optional
grabbers, and grabbers seem like backend to me.

     -Ariel