Re: unrar-2.80 packaging

Author: Mark J. Small
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: unrar-2.80 packaging
On November 12, 2010, Christian Marillat wrote:
> "Mark J. Small" <msmall@???> writes:
> > Hi there,
>
> Hi,
>
> > For the last while dselect (yes I am old fashioned) has been throwing out
> > warnings about unrar-2.80 every time I run it. It's nothing serious,
> > just a little bit annoying.
> >
> > Looks like this:
> >
> > warning, in file '/var/cache/apt/available' near line 745160 package
> > 'rar-2.80': missing architecture
> >
> > Is there any easy fix?
>
> After a quick test I don't see this warning.
>
> But you are talking about rar or unrar ?
>
> Christian

Okay, I've got it fixed now. It turns out that I had rar-2.80 version
2.80-woody2 installed from a long, long time ago. After I purged it and
reran my update, I had your version 2.80-2.1 available. The warning message
disappeared. I guess that dselect/apt didn't consider 2.80-2.1 a later
version than 2.80-woody2.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for the bother,

Mark

btw, I see that you've got mythtv 0.24 packaged for testing already. That
was quick work. Are you going to bother with stable, or just forget about it
and wait for debian to finally release?