Re: [VLC] Ati Radeon XPress 1250

Author: Jose Juan Montiel
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: [VLC] Ati Radeon XPress 1250
Hi,

>>> My repository doesn't have VLC.
>>>
>> Ups, sorry... i'll make the right question now ;)
>>
>> how could you help to debug "your libavc* packages" in relation with vlc/ati?
>>
> I know that vlc may be very verbose with --verbose options. Try that and
> see if vlc return errors.

when i run o console...

VLC media player 1.1.3 The Luggage (revision exported)
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
Warning: call to signal(13, 0x1)
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
Blocked: call to sigaction(17, 0xb67340d4, 0xb6734048)
Warning: call to signal(13, 0x1)
Warning: call to srand(1295885306)
Warning: call to rand()
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")

(process:3280): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Warning: call to signal(13, 0x1)
Warning: call to rand()
Warning: call to rand()
Warning: call to rand()
*swScaler: pal8 is not supported as output pixel format*
[0x8b5471c] swscale scale error: could not init SwScaler and/or allocate
memory
Warning: call to rand()
^C[0x894bbfc] signals interface error: Caught Interrupción signal,
exiting...
^C

> Otherwise I don't have the same video card (Nvidia 8800 GTX here) so I
> can't test.

This is a problem for test it, but maybe the problem could be more simply...
> Otherwise I watch TV (rtsp stream) with vlc daily without
> problem. Watching video (divx, xvid, mp4, DVD) also works.

Here, http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39931 talk about that
vlc with newer ffmpeg (dm repo) not initialize good de "SwScaler"

Some idea.

I know its dificult to try.

PD: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7943 Seems a similar problem in
other distros.