Re: debian multimedia and unattended-upgrades?

Author: Andres Cimmarusti
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: debian multimedia and unattended-upgrades?

> I've received a private email saying that you need to put :
>
> "Unofficial Multimedia Packages:testing";
>
> in the Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins
>
> Christian

Yes, I've tried and it doesn't work, furthermore adding that line
makes unattended-upgrades not work at all. It seems
unattended-upgrades can't parse the three words: unofficial multimedia
packages
Ideally the ORIGIN field in the Release file of the DM repo should be
only one word, then perhaps the SUITE field could have something like
squeeze-multimedia or just squeeze. For example, the medibuntu repo
(which for all practical purposes is the equivalent of DM for Ubuntu)
has this release file:
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/maverick/Release

Origin: Medibuntu
Label: Medibuntu
Suite: maverick
Codename: maverick
Version: 10.10

So may I suggest the release file for the DM repo be changed to
something like (taking squeeze as an example):

Origin: Debmedia
Label: Debmedia
Suite: squeeze
Codename: squeeze
Version: 6.0

or

Origin: Debian
Label: Debian
Suite: squeeze-multimedia
Codename: squeeze
Version: 6.0

As a side node, unattended upgrades now supports the backports
repository: Debian backports lenny-backports

This is all of course in my humble opinion!

Andres