Re: [VLC] Ati Radeon XPress 1250

Author: Jose Juan Montiel
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: [VLC] Ati Radeon XPress 1250
Hi,
> I have to wonder... what video driver are you using? And, just how
> badly have your packages and repositories been mucked with (i.e.
> switching back and forth from experimental, installing 3rd-party debs,
> etc). In addition, what *specific* video are you trying to play and
> how... (i.e. can you create a more formal test case)?

video driver: xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2+squeeze1
This is a fresh (6 month old) squeeze install.
only a few related pscd libraries form smartcardreader.
i'm tryng with a few kind: xvid and mp4.

> Maybe try removing and re-installing the appropriate dependent
> packages so that the binary interfaces can match appropriately. My
> machine is basically a vanilla Lenny install and doesn't really have
> any changes to /etc/apt/sources.list except the addition of non-free
> and "deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org lenny main non-free".

When i was in lenny vlc woks, and now when i in squeeze mplayer works.

> That is, why bother tracing a nasty problem if what's on the machine
> isn't actually that important?
>
> Ultimately do what you think is best in your judgment - but keep in
> mind that determining the problem could be quite painful without a
> more formal procedure and test case.

I search before to ask here, and saw that lot of people with: squeeze +
ati + vlc + dmo having similar problems with this combination. All of
them said forget dmo, but i use dvbcut and some other, and think to ask
here about this problem.