Re: Squeeze

Author: signal3
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Squeeze
Okay, noticed that this:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=563887.

isn't helping me any, lol.

Anyway... using apt-get to update (instead of aptitude) sheds *some* light:

W: Failed to fetch http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/lenny/Release
Unable to find expected entry non-free/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index
file (malformed Release file?)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

Turns out I needed to change:

< deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org lenny main non-free
---
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main non-free

which has uncovered a few other problems; will email an update a bit later -
have some higher priority stuff to look at right now.

-All the best