Re: acroread no longer opens pdf portfolios

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: acroread no longer opens pdf portfolios
Wendy Elmer <webe3vt@???> writes:

>>>Is there a way to revert to the previous version?
>
>>Yes, add oldstable (non-free) to your sources.list, remove installed
>>packages and then install acroread with the version in the command
>>line :
>
>>apt-get install acroread=9.4.1-0.1
>
> Thank you. That worked and now I can read the portfolio pdfs again.
> I have pinned that version.
> Is this a known bug? Is it Linux only?

Adobe doesn't have a bug tracker. Windows version isn't the same 10.x
for Windows and 9.x for Linux.

> Is there a way to know if new versions fix the problem without having to install and
> revert again?

Release notes are here :

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83708.html

9.4.2 is supposed to do "improvements to navigator and portfolio performances"...

Otherwise I'll package new release with CVE issues even if some
functionality are broken.

Christian