Re: problem with mythtv and mpeg capture cards (PVR-150)

Author: Thomas Fjellstrom
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: problem with mythtv and mpeg capture cards (PVR-150)
On April 8, 2011, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Thomas Fjellstrom <thomas@???> writes:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> No, because kernel header before 2.6.38 have been removed from
> >> unstable.
> >>
> >> Anyway could you try mythtv packages 0.24+fixes20110408-0.0 in unstable
> >> ?
> >
> > Gave that a shot, aptitude was being picky about it, and I had to do the
> > "pick a solution" dance that it does when it gets confused. After
> > letting it upgrade all of mythtv, I get the following:
> >
> > root@boris:~# aptitude install mythtv-backend
>
> aptitude... The best was to use apt-get :
>
> apt-get install mythtv-backend -t unstable

I'm already on sid. And aptitude is much better at figuring out conflicts. At
first it didn't want to change the mythtv-database version, probably due to
another mythtv- package that wasn't up to date.

> [...]
>
> > I also tried to dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.1, and set a new mysql
> > root password, but it didn't help. I still get the above errors.
> >
> > I'm not sure how to fix that. Other than purging mythtv and starting from
> > scratch.
>
> Try to edit /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and change DBPassword.

That file only specifies the password for the mythtv user. The error is
complaining about the mysql root password.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@???