Dependency issues for libmlt4 (testing/i386)

Author: Nick Morrott
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Dependency issues for libmlt4 (testing/i386)
Hi,

I'm tracking testing/wheezy on i386 and am having problems upgrading
libmlt4 (0.7.2+git20110530-0.1) due to the following missing
dependencies:

libavcodec53 (>= 5:0.6.3+git20110613)
libavdevice53 (>= 5:0.6.3+git20110613)
libavformat53 (>= 5:0.6.3+git20110613)
libavutil51 (>= 5:0.6.3+git20110613)
libswscale0 (>= 5:0.6.3+git20110613)

These deps can be seen here on the DMO package page:

http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/package/libmlt4.php

Checking the /var/lib/apt/lists/www.debian-multimedia.org_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages
file, only libavcodec52 and other related ffmpeg-dmo packages are
listed. Checking the package entry for libmlt4 specifies a dep of
libavcodec53 (>= 5:0.6.3+git20110613).

I currently have the Debian main versions of the MLT framework (which
depend on libavcodec52, and satisfy kdenlive/openshot) but prefer DMO
packages in apt-preferences. I have cleaned out the package caches to
ensure that `apt-get update` creates new package data.

Is anyone else encountering this issue? It's possible this is a local
configuration issue, but things have been working perfectly on this
machine for nearly a year, and I note from dmo-changes there have been
MLT updates and other data issues recently.

Cheers,
Nick