Re: flashplayer 11 disappeared

Author: Pedro Alejandro López-Valencia
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: flashplayer 11 disappeared
On 16/10/11 15:57, Andres Cimmarusti wrote:
> So It would seem to me the Debian multimedia packages are not as
> necessary anymore.

I agree. In particular, the move to use a 64-bit plugin in amd64.
Before, when it was a 32-plugin automagically wrapped in
nspluginwrapper, it could be used with Epiphany 3 working around the
GTK2 and 3 incompatibility. I've tried to have a native 64-bit
nspluginwrapper compiled in my machine (not only under Debian but under
some other more "hackable" distro) and it seems nspluginwrapper just
doesn't support wrapping ELF64 binaries.