Re: ffmpeg audio decoding broken

Author: Christian D.
To: DMO discussion
Subject: Re: ffmpeg audio decoding broken
Hi Christian,

thanks for the tips, ffmpeg works this way and therefore doesn't seem to
have the problem itself.

I took some time now to investigate the initial mencoder problems. I
hear no audio when I check the AVI that is created by mencoder with
x264/AC3. But after I remux the AVI into MKV with mkvmerge the sound is
back. A bit odd I guess, but that seems to work again now.

The other problem is the XviD-encode with MP3. While the old status was
that the encode had no audio, now I get the good ol' "Segmentation
fault" error. I reinstalled most packages involved.

Minimalistic command line (1st pass):
mencoder test.ts -passlogfile test.pass -nosound -ovc xvid -vf
yadif,scale=624:352 -sws 9 -xvidencopts pass=1 -o test.avi

Minimalistic test file (test.ts):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LJ0GBEM6
https://rapidshare.com/files/2672423588/test.ts

Cheers,