Re: camcorder MTS files no longer replayed

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: camcorder MTS files no longer replayed
Stefan Zechner <stef@???> writes:

> Hi,

> since I updated to todays latest sid packages I'm no longer able to replay my camcorder .MTS files properly (Canon HG20)
> (my configuration 4 weeks ago was fine)
>
> here's a short sample:
> http://www.tvk.rwth-aachen.de/~stef/00017.MTS
>
> - vlc player just shows a black image.
> - xine and gxine play from the beginning but freezes after frame jump
> - ffplay 00017.MTS plays from the beginning but seeking in file (ffplay 00017.MTS -ss 1) shows no image
> - video editing with kdenlive renders black video sequences
>
> Anybody can see from the sample video if my camcorder produces non-compliant videos or if the latest libx264 does not properly play the mpeg ts material?

x264 decoding isn't done by libx264 but by programm internaly.

I'm able to reproduce this bug in vlc only, but we d'ont use the same
arch i386 for me and amd64 for you. Works fine for me with mplayer,
mplayer2, ffmpeg, xine, melt or kdenlive.

I checked again the build is the same.

If someone else is able to reproduce this bug under amd64 then this is
an upstream bug.

Christian