Re: Am I missing something with bug 657576

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Am I missing something with bug 657576
shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@???> writes:

> in-line :-
>
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 06:30, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:
>> shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@???> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> $ bombono-dvd
>>> bombono-dvd: Symbol `ff_codec_bmp_tags' has different size in shared
>>> object, consider re-linking
>>
>> You are not using the latest bombono-dvd package.
>

> How can that be. I just ran aptitude update (to update the index) and ran :-

You must also do an apt-get dist-upgrade. libav* packages seems to not
be the latest.

[...]

>> Some vob files are probably broken.
>
> oh ok, any idea if these broken files can be fixed ?

How do you have copied all the vob files to the HD ?

If you have the original DVD try to copy the DVD to the HD with vobcopy.

Otherwise the best is to extract all videos and then remux the DVD. You
will probably lost all the menus.

Christian