Re: Duplicate Packages from Debian archive in DMO

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Duplicate Packages from Debian archive in DMO
Andres Mejia <amejia004@???> writes:

> Hi,

> This has been a question that's been asked in the debian-devel mailing
> list and among the Debian multimedia team recently. Why are packages
> already in the Debian archive still being uploaded to DMO?
>
> For example, there is lame, x264, and xvidcore which have been
> uploaded to the Debian archive, migrated to testing, and backported to
> the stable release. Yet I see that at least lame and x264 are still
> being updated in DMO. Is there any particular reason why?

x264 isn't the same version libx264-122 here and -120 in Debian.

Also I upload my packages more quickly than Debian. 3.99.0, 3.99.1
3.99.2 lame version have never been packaged by Debian.

I'll certainly remove xvidcore.

FYI each time a package enter Debian this package is removed from my
repository, the latest is aegisub.

Also some pakcages like vlc or xine are in my repository because Debian
added a conflicts against libavutil51 from my repository.

Christian