Re: A error occurred during the signature verification error…

Author: shirish शिरीष
To: Debian-multimedia-maintainers
CC: Christian Marillat
Subject: Re: A error occurred during the signature verification error messages
additional at bottom :-

2012/3/27 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@???>:
> Hi all,
> I was updating the apt index database to see if any new updates had come via
>
> $sudo aptitude update
>
> When the whole thing ran and the index database was updated I got the
> following :-
>
> W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
> is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid Release: The following signatures
> were invalid: BADSIG 07DC563D1F41B907 Christian Marillat
> <marillat@???>
>
> Now I have no idea what or how should I fix this . Any pointers anybody ?

I tried to see if the debian-multimedia-keyring is old but apparently not.

$ apt-show-versions -a debian-multimedia-keyring
debian-multimedia-keyring 2010.12.26 install ok installed
No stable version
No testing version
debian-multimedia-keyring 2010.12.26 sid www.debian-multimedia.org
debian-multimedia-keyring/sid uptodate 2010.12.26

Also checking the same on the package page of Debian multimedia shows
an identical package :-

http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/unstable/main/binary-amd64/package/debian-multimedia-keyring

So either the package needs to be updated or something is wrong
somewhere else, any help is appreciated.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल