Re: Suggestion: add -dmo suffix to package names

Author: Chris Knadle
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Suggestion: add -dmo suffix to package names
On Monday, April 23, 2012 13:47:55, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 06:23:48PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Packages with .X for example (-1.1) mean NMU. Here is really an exeption
> > as the new release (ie -1) has been never done.
>
> But libunwind7 I listed is an NMU of a debian package. Packaging a new
> version seems to have been done as an NMU.

As explained by Stefano Zacchiroli at [1], in his view there are times where
this is reasonable. Note that IMHO this view doesn't currently jive with the
wording in the Developer's Reference section 5.11.1 [2] so I have asked the
Developer's Reference Team to review Stefano's email to see if it's reasonable
to update this section of the manual.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/04/msg00486.html

[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-
guidelines