Problems installing mythtv-database

Author: Tom Furie
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Problems installing mythtv-database
Hi all,

While trying to install mythtv-database on a system with a pre-existing
mysql and mythtv installation (minus mythtv-database) I am getting the
following errors from aptitude: (apologies for the long lines)

A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
Setting up mythtv-database (0.24.2-0.0squeeze1) ...
Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'mythbe01.furie.org.uk' (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'mythbe01.furie.org.uk' (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-database (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255
mythtv-database

I can connect to the mysql server locally and remotely using the
relevant credentials. Where should I look to get mythtv-database
installed correctly?

Cheers,
Tom

--
BOFH excuse #207:

We are currently trying a new concept of using a live mouse.
Unfortunately, one has yet to survive being hooked up to the
computer.....please bear with us.