Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 05:00:26PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@???> writes:
>> I am not a Debian developper, so I don’t know anything about best
>> practice concerning packaging, so what do you think?
>My first answer is "redirect all mythtv log files to /dev/null"

Well, in this case I would revert any syslog changes and activate
--logpath again together with a logrotate script that matches „*.log”.
This seems to be the default behaviour that upstream prefers, because
upstream sees any logfiles as debug output, and a new logfile for each
instance is easier to parse.

The rsyslog example could go as example in the doc package together with
the wiki links.

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--