Re: All videos show black screen, investigating says all vid…

Author: shirish शिरीष
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: All videos show black screen, investigating says all videos are header damaged
in-line :-

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:
> shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@???> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi,

>> I dunno what went wrong. I was watching a movie and had put it to
>> pause and later I was not able to view it. I got errors such as these
>> :-
>>
>> [mpeg4 @ 0x343afe0] header damaged
>
> Could you please use pastebin (or another service) for log file instead of this big post ?

Sure. Ok, now this is what I did. I rebooted the system in hopes that
I will not get the issue but it's still there. The errors I got were
different this time.

Please see http://paste.debian.net/172379/ for the list of errors.

> [...]
>
>> Looking forward to some idea as to what might have caused it ?
>>
>> The error seems to have done other videos and video players as well.
>> The header damaged gives lot of lines with different values for header
>> damaged.
>
> You are trying to watch what ?

A movie. I have also attached a screenshot (blurred the movie name)
but this is happening with all the videos I have in the system. On
MS-Windows all those movies are looking alright.

Look forward to know what the issue might be.

Btw did you change the mailing list address/domain today or when (from
dmo-discussion@??? to
dmo-discussion@???? )

--
          Regards,