Re: MythTV 0.25.1 in unstable

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV 0.25.1 in unstable
Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@???> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 05:43:22PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>>I replaced the mythbackend reload by a rsyslog reload, and if this works
>>(seems to be the case) then I'll move these files in the -common
>>package.
>
> Yes, this is right of course. The logfile is opened by rsyslog not
> mythbackend anymore, so rsyslog needs the reload if necessary and the
> reload option in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog is not sufficient for one
> rotation cycle.

Yes as reported in Ubuntu bugs.

> By the way, in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog the reload
> options was renamed to „invoke-rc.d rsyslog rotate > /dev/null” in
> testing.

I don't call 'rsyslog rotate' but 'reload rsyslog' (stolen from the
Ubuntu package). I know completely ugly because the 'invoke-rc.d rsyslog
rotate' in rsyslog logrotate files should do that for all log files.

Otherwise I see in the main logrotate configuration file
/etc/logrotate.conf :

,----
| # uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
| #compress

`----

So the compress option I added in mythbackend logrotate is useless.

Christian