Re: logrotate errors for mythlogserver with frontend only

Author: Dom
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: logrotate errors for mythlogserver with frontend only
Hi Christian,

On 25/04/13 09:11, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Dom<toyer@???> writes:
>
>> I've recently started getting the following messages from anacron on
>> my PCs that have mythtv-frontend and mythlogserver installed, but not
>> the backend.
>>
>> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
>> mythlogserver: no process found
>> error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mythtv/*.log '
>> run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
>>
>> mythlogserver does not appear to be running.
>
> Even when the computer is started ?

mythlogserver seems to start when I startup the frontend (which on this
particular computer is maybe once a day for less than an hour) and stops
after I close the frontend.

Therefore it is not often running when the logrotate cron job runs at
6:25am.

Also, I just tried purging mythlogserver and reinstalling, just in case
my intsallation is messed up. That doesn't look like it made any
difference, but I will find out for sure tomorrow morning.

--
Dom