Re: logrotate errors for mythlogserver with frontend only

Author: Dom
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: logrotate errors for mythlogserver with frontend only
On 25/04/13 10:42, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Dom<toyer@???> writes:
>
>> Hi Christian,

>>> Even when the computer is started ?
>>
>> mythlogserver seems to start when I startup the frontend (which on
>> this particular computer is maybe once a day for less than an hour)
>> and stops after I close the frontend.
>
> Then see in /var/log/mythtv for logs file. Maybe mythlogserver write
> something in mythlogserver.log when he crash.

The last bit of the log is

Apr 25 10:15:17 oz mythlogserver[3793]: I LogForward
loggingserver.cpp:1204 (expireClients) Expiring client
00f36bdcdf846e4b30ba17e3767f0851ab (#1)
Apr 25 10:15:17 oz mythlogserver[3793]: I LogForward
loggingserver.cpp:1234 (expireClients) Starting 5min shutdown timer
Apr 25 10:20:17 oz mythlogserver[3793]: I LogForward
loggingserver.cpp:1187 (shutdownTimerExpired) Shutting down because of
idleness

It looks like mythlogserver is shutting itself down when I exit the
frontend, rather than aborting.

I can attach the full logs if it will help.
--
Dom