Re: problem with editing myth recordings

Author: Craig Sanders
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: problem with editing myth recordings
On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 11:39:45AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> running mythcommflag from the command line - with method=7 (all except
> experimental methods) seemed to work OK.
>
> so, looks like the lesson here is "don't use commflag methods marked as
> experimental" :)

no, that hasn't fixed it. there's a more general problem with
mythcommflag.

I had two more recordings tonight where mythcommflag failed (exit code
140) and the keyframe index was messed up. regenerating the index fixed
them.

i think i'll go back to my original idea of updating all recording rules
to turn off the commflagging job. i'll have to figure out the SQL for
that because it would be way too tedious to do in mythfrontend.

that was easier than i thought it would be:

    update record set autocommflag=0;

restarted the backend too - it doesn't notice changes in the db until
you do.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@???>