mythtv-backend jessie amd64 memory leak

Author: Martin Gallant
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: mythtv-backend jessie amd64 memory leak
I am seeing repeatable crashes on MythTV backend for the past 2 days.
mythbackend[<pid>] trap int3 ip:7fd0de5c0e8d sp:7fcdaf46db80 error:0

This is a amd64 machine running jessie, with all the latest updates.
The version I have installed is 0.27.0+fixes20131204-dmo1

These traps appear after a regular time (2-3 hours) after I restart the service.
I am a little over my head with the debugging skills, but this looks
like a memory leak.
Using top, I see mythbackend process VIRT gorwing by about 3MB/s with
no upper bound.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the introduction this issue
seems to coincide with jessie upgrading the c++ libraries yesterday.

mythbackend has been rock-solid for me for almost a year, until this happened.

Am I the only one seeing this problem?
What can I do to isolate this down to a couple of packes to try and downgrade?

Thanks n advance,

--
Marty