Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?

Author: Jon N
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Ariel <asmarillat@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014, Jon N wrote:
>
>> it can not access the database
>

> Check the file .mythtv/config,xml it has the database host, username, and
> password in it.
>
> Use the mythfrontend program to set it.
>
>         -Ariel

Check, check and check. Or at least it has the right hostname,
'mythtv' as user name and the same password as the setup on my old
computer, so I would guess it's the default. I was thrown off a
little by the <localhostname> under <configuration> which I at first
changed to my hostname. But when I ran 'mythtv-setup' again and saw
it repeated under the Custom Identifier for the frontend (which I
haven't used before) I took it out again. But it still shows on the
Hostname field on page 1 of 2 for the database setup, so I think that
is OK.

--
Jon