Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?

Author: Jon N
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?
It works! I'm not sure what fixed it. I had some doubts about the
password, and finally realized I could just try starting mysql with
user mythtv and see what password worked. It was mythtv, but I think
I inadvertently changed it somewhere along the line. Hopefully I can
just leave it and it won't break something else, what else uses it?

But I also noticed messages about the TZ not being set for mysql.
Apparently I fixed that, and right afterwards was able to run
mythtv-setup. There doesn't seem to be an obvious link between that
and the previous problems, but it is the last thing I did. Either
way, at least I can now try moving over the database from my old
system. I wonder how many ways I can mess that up :-).

Thanks again,
Jon