Re: Mythtv : downgrade to 0.27.4

Author: Guillaume Membré
To: dmo-discussion@deb-multimedia.org
Subject: Re: Mythtv : downgrade to 0.27.4
You are both correct, but how do I know if it is a regression in
mythtv or my hardware which is dying or something else ? My setup has
been working for months flawless, just mythtv is upgrading (and the
kernel...)

My issue is : sometimes but often, the backend doesn't tune to a
channel. In live tv, the first time I tune to a new transponder, it
fails, but if I exit live tv and start again, it works. The same
occurs in recording : if a recording fails, stops it and I start a new
one on the same channel again, it works.
I already post a question to mythtv-user, increase timeout, double
check tuning reception but the problem is still there :

Moreover, I suspect a very small memory leak because after a few
weeks, mythtv is eating alround 300 Mb of RAM.

I know I can compile my self the source, I have done that for years
before knowing the deb-multimedia but if there is a simple solution,
it would be great :)