Re: mumudvb 2.0 for jessie-backports

Author: Lennart Sorensen
To: Josu Lazkano
CC: dmo-discussion@deb-multimed...
Subject: Re: mumudvb 2.0 for jessie-backports
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 08:53:57AM +0200, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thank you very much for the explanation.
>
> So I need to compile from source.
>
> I make this steps:
>
> # apt-get build-dep mumudvb
> # apt-get source mumudvb
> # cd mumudvb-dmo-2.0.0/
> # dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
> dpkg-buildpackage: paquete fuente mumudvb-dmo
> dpkg-buildpackage: versión de las fuentes 1:2.0.0-dmo2+bp1
> dpkg-buildpackage: distribución de las fuentes stable-backports
> dpkg-buildpackage: fuentes modificadas por Christian Marillat
> <marillat@???>
> dpkg-buildpackage: arquitectura del sistema armhf

How about:

apt-get source -b mumudvb

That does it all in one command.

> Here say that it will compile for armhf architecture, is this OK?

Raspbian is armhf, it is just armhf for armv6 rather than armv7 that
the official Debian armhf uses. All raspbian packages will work on an
armv7 debian system, but not the other way around (as you found out).

> # dpkg -i ../mumudvb_2.0.0-dmo2+bp1_armhf.deb
>
> If execute I get same error:
>
> # mumudvb -d -v -c /etc/mumudvb/card0_etb.conf
> Instrucción ilegal
>
> Am I compiling in a wrong way?

No, but maybe the problem is in one of the libraries and not the package
itself. I think your gdb backtrace actually pointed to a library so
maybe that is the package you have to recompile.

Worst case would be that the package contains explicit armv7 assembly
code, which would be annoying. Not that likely though.

--
Len Sorensen