Re: wheezy-backports: Unable to satisfy the build-depends fo…

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: wheezy-backports: Unable to satisfy the build-depends for mythtv
On 15 nov. 2015 17:36, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@???> wrote:

> On 15 November 2015 at 15:49, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:
>> On 15 nov. 2015 16:21, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@???> wrote:

[...]

> * sources.list
>
> An error on my part blindly copying the deb-src entry from the sources
> section at the bottom of http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ without
> changing it for wheezy/backports. Sorry for the noise.
>
> I wonder if each of the specific sources.list sections could include a
> dedicated entry(ies) for the correct deb-src line(s) so a user just
> needs to copy the contents of one distro entry into their
> sources.list?

Never tested, but maybe the apt-get -t option also work with deb-src ?

> * build-deps
>
> I still see a warning when installing the mythtv build-deps:
>
> # aptitude build-dep mythtv
> Unable to satisfy the build-depends: Build-Depends: libsdl-dev.
> Unable to satisfy the build-depends: Build-Depends: libsdl-dev.
>
> I think this warning is harmless due to the build-dep entry
> "libsdl-dev [!armel]" being included along with "libsdl1.2-dev" - are
> both entries necessary? libsdl-dev does not exist as per

libsdl-dev is a virtual package who install libsdl1.2-dev of course both
are not necessary. The best is to keep libsdl1.2-dev. Fixed for me in
unstable.

> * browsing amd64 files for wheezy-backports (main)
>
> I noticed when browsing the deb-multimedia.org Packages listing
> (http://www.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/) that there is no amd64
> entry in the oldstable backports (Wheezy backports) section for main.
>
> However, I can still browse the amd64 files if I manually open the URL
> http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/oldstable-backports/main/binary-amd64/.
> Is this intentional or does the amd64 files entry need to be added to
> that section?

Bug in my scripts. Also architecture are now sorted
alphabetically. Thanks for the bug report, fixed.

Christian