Re: gtkpod transcoding failures (patch included)

Author: Craig Sanders
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: gtkpod transcoding failures (patch included)
On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:48:59AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Craig Sanders <cas@???> writes:
>
> > two problems found (and fixed):
>
> Thanks fixed in -0.1

it occured to me that the other decoders might also have problems
with decoding to stdout, so it might be a good idea to standardise
on raw output for all input decoders rather than just oggdec.

flac has a --force-raw-format option, and faad has '-f 2' for raw output.

> > ps: i'm not sure if this is the right list to post this to, since AFAIK
> > there isn't a real bugtracker for DMO...if there's a better place to
> > send stuff like this to, let me know so i'll know where to send them in
> > future.
>
> This list is the rigth place or my email address.
>
> Otherwise if you have a good advice for a bugtracker, I think I can add
> one.

the bugs.debian.org bugtracker would be nice, could then get reportbug to send
bugs for dmo packages to submit@???, same as for other
debian packages.

plus, it would be nice to be able to read existing bug reports to see if
something has already been reported before wasting your time with the
fiftieth annoying report of the same bug.

it's packaged as debbugs.

(alternatively, is there any reason why bugs.debian.org can't take dmo
bug reports? i know dmo isn't exactly an official part of debian, but
maybe b.d.o could support a 'sister project)

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@???>