Re: Error in Squeeze/Sid dvd::rip

Author: Dan Serban
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Error in Squeeze/Sid dvd::rip
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:33:47 -0500
Curt Howland <Howland@???> wrote:

> > This an error I ran into last year, I've researched it.
>
> Thank you. A 24/29.94fps conflict would account for the stuttering and
> length mismatch perfectly.
>
> > I gave up as it's been busted for ages and just use handbrake
> > instead.
>
> In that case, since it's known and broken in later versions than
> Lenny, I will learn a different tool.
>
> Handbrake, hmmm? I hope I like it as much as I have liked dvd::rip.

Handbrake is great for what I wanted to do (archive my DVD's), but
overall it took me a while to warm up to the MP4/MKV container formats
as I'd been using avi's for ages.

I won't turn back now, MKV supports chapters and integrated subtitles,
works perfectly. It also allows me to use my quad core to encode the
rips much faster.