Re: Error in Squeeze/Sid dvd::rip

Author: Dan Serban
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Error in Squeeze/Sid dvd::rip
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:02:42 -0500
Curt Howland <Howland@???> wrote:

> Dear Debian Multimedia,
>
> I found an error in the Squeeze/Sid software versions available
> through Debian-Multimedia, when trying to use dvd::rip.

[snip]

This an error I ran into last year, I've researched it. Going from
memory, it is based on the fact that dvd::rip somehow (or the library
underneath) thinks that your DVD is at 29.94 fps, whereas the actual
movie is natively at 24fps. This is why it stops short, I've looked
into this error, but upstream claims he fixed it in an older version of
dvd::rip. I gave up as it's been busted for ages and just use
handbrake instead.