Re: mythtv changelog.gz

Author: Ariel
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv changelog.gz

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Christian Marillat wrote:

> Ariel <asmarillat@???> writes:
>
>> In mythtv 0.24+fixes20101231-0.1 you added a 2.3MB changelog.gz to all
>> of the packages.
>
> Not me, but upstream. I agree this file is too big. I don't like the
> idea to completely remove this file. A solution is to cut this file or
> to make mythtv doc directories a symlink to only one package
> (mythtv-common), but its annoying because dpkg is unable to manage a
> that I need to write preinst scripts for that.
>
> Which is the best idea ?

Your sentence got cut off. Anyway, regardless of what you do with the
file, I agree with the doc symlink idea since all of them are identical.

'man debhelper' has a section called "Doc directory symlinks".

As for the file, it seems to me you should trim it to the date of the last
stable release. That way anyone upgrading from stable to stable can see a
full list of changes. But maybe just let it be, if you only have it once
it's not that bad.

     -Ariel