Re: mythtv changelog.gz

Author: Ariel
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv changelog.gz

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Christian Marillat wrote:

> Ariel <asmarillat@???> writes:

>> 'man debhelper' has a section called "Doc directory symlinks".

> I don't have this section. Could you do a copy/past here ?

Doc directory symlinks

Sometimes it is useful to make a package not contain a
/usr/share/doc/package directory at all, instead placing just a dangling
symlink in the binary package, that points to some other doc directory.
Policy says this is ok if your package depends on the package whose doc
directory it uses. To accomplish this, just don't tell debhelper to
install any documentation files into the package, and use dh_link to set
up the symlink (or do it by hand), and debhelper should do the right
thing: notice it is a dangling symlink and not try to install a copyright
file or changelog.

     -Ariel