Re: subtitles not being displayed in vlc but being displayed…

Author: Ariel
To: shirish
CC: Debian-multimedia-maintainers
Subject: Re: subtitles not being displayed in vlc but being displayed in dragon player

I edited your message to leave in only the errors that are related.

Basically your locale is set wrong. It appears to be set to a blank
string?

I'm not sure what you need to do to fix it, but at least you know what to
check.

Also, please investigate the --subsdec-encoding option to vlc to
explicitly tell it what character encoding your subtitle file is using.

     -Ariel