Re: nuvexport 0.27

Author: Martin Gallant
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: nuvexport 0.27
On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:
> Martin Gallant <martyg@???> writes:
>
>> I think upgrading MythTV to 0.27 in testing broke nuvexport.
>
> [...]
>
>> Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
>
> This version is really old and I don't know if nuvexport is still
> developped (the latest github commit is 8 months old).
>
> Could you try the latest github code ? If this version works for you
> I'll update the package.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport/archive/master.zip
>
> ,----
> | cd nuvexport-master
> | ./nuvexport
> `----
>
> Christian

I have spent a few hours digging into this now, and I'm afraid my perl
skills just aren't sufficient for me to track this issue down on my
own. As far as I can tell, the upgraded myhtffmpeg-0.27 package
reports its capabilities in a subtle different way which causes the
script to fail.

If anyone picks this up where I left off, the two places where I would
start looking are nuxexport:86 and export/ffmpeg.pm:74.

One can use mencoder codecs are a workarund (nuvexport --mencoder)

Right now, I am using this script instead, which does almost
everything I need:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode

Sorry I can't be of more help.

--