XBMC alpha11 audio on Jessie

Author: Marcel Veldhuizen
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: XBMC alpha11 audio on Jessie
I usually just lurk here, but after upgrading my jessie-amd64 machine to
4:13.0~alpha11-dmo3 I'm experiencing some issues with audio playback.
Earlier versions didn't have this issue.

DTS 5.1 content that was previously played correctly seems to be
incorrectly downmixed to 2.1 now. It seems like the rear channels are
working fine, but one or more front channels are completely missing.
Selecting "audio passthrough" allows me to hear all channels normally,
but unfortunately this workaround results in some jittery playback on my
sound system.

I've also noticed that audio is sometimes completely missing while
listening to Radio streams (stereo). Restarting the stream sometimes
fixes the audio.

At this point I'm not sure yet if this is an issue specific to this
build or alpha11 in general. The only open issue I could find which may
be related would be http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13753. Is anyone else
having similar issues?

Marcel Veldhuizen