Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?

Author: Jon N
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:

> Are you sure you can access the mythtv mysql database with data in
> /etc/mythtv/config.xml and /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt (Should be the same) ?
>
> Otherwise try to delete the ~/.mythtv directory and launch mythtv-setup
> again.

I checked /etc/mythtv, there is a config.xml but no mysql.txt (there
is a symbolic link in /us/share/mythtv that points to one though).
config.xml is the same as the one in ~/.mythtv except it has the port,
3306, in it (so ~\.mythtv\config.xml does not)

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with mysql and don't know how
to try to access the database other than using mythtv-setup or the
command Ariel suggested earlier. So if I need to do something
specific to check access to the database you will have to tell me.

I did notice that /etc/mysql/debian.cnf had 'localhost' for host, I
changed that to my hostname (which I changed since installing Debian)
and rebooted, but that didn't make a difference. Interestingly, when
I run the mysql command it still says "...denied for user
'mythtv'@'localhost'...", so I'm still wondering if this is a hostname
issue.

--
Jon