Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?

Author: Jon N
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: running mythtv-setup as myself?
>> I notice it says '...@'localhost' when my hostname is 'Bedlum', is that
>> significant?
>
> It might be. It's possible MySQL is configured to refuse remote connections
> for the mythtv user.
>
> In MySQL users are not usernames, they are username@hostname combos. (If
> needed you can do username@% meaning all hostnames.)
>
> Probably you only have a mythtv@localhost username, and not one at
> mythtv@remote_hostname (i.e. not Bedlum, the server, but rather the name of
> the client machine).

Well, I'm not entirely sure what that means, but everything I'm doing
here is all on the same machine, and the hostname of that machine is
Bedlum.

> Try: select * from mysql.user where user like 'mythtv%'
>
> Then you can see if you have a remote mythtv user. (You'll probably need to
> be the MySQL root user.)

I guess my inexperience here is really going to get in the way, since
I have no idea of what you are talking about here, sorry! The only
way I would be able to help you help me is if you had some specific
questions, or commands you wanted me to run. Otherwise I might just
have to start all over from scratch again. Again, sorry I can't be of
more help here.

Jon