Re: Problems with hulu/flash/libhal

Author: kamaraju kusumanchi
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Problems with hulu/flash/libhal
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Ross Boylan
<rossboylan@???> wrote:
> Now I'm seeing libhal1-flash in the repositories, consistent with your
> message in another thread. After installing that, and getting the
> latest flashplayer update, the test seems to pass (I see a video of a
> train).
>
> So I think all's well.
> Ross

Can you please tell me which browser did you test this on? What flash
versions are you using? I ask because, when I tried the test on
Iceweasel, a rotating wheel was displayed briefly and then nothing.

I have the following packages installed.

% dpkg -l iceweasel \*flash\* | grep ^ii
ii  flashplugin-nonfree 1:3.6.1            amd64        Adobe Flash
Player - browser plugin
ii  iceweasel           38.4.0esr-1~deb8u1 amd64        Web browser
based on Firefox
ii  libhal1-flash       0.3.2-dmo2+bp1     amd64        Compatibility
library to allow playback of flash DRM content

The adobe flashplayer is uptodate

# update-flashplugin-nonfree --status
Flash Player version installed on this system : 11.2.202.559
Flash Player version available on upstream site: 11.2.202.559
flash-mozilla.so - auto mode
link currently points to /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so - priority 50
Current 'best' version is '/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so'.

What am I missing?

raju