Re: Error in Squeeze/Sid dvd::rip

Author: Ariel
To: Curt Howland
CC: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Error in Squeeze/Sid dvd::rip

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Curt Howland wrote:

> I found an error in the Squeeze/Sid software versions available
> through Debian-Multimedia, when trying to use dvd::rip.

Unfortunately your email does not contain enough information to help
someone figure out what's happening.

At the very minimum take a look at the Log tab of dvd::rip and see what it
says. (BTW screenshots should almost never be jpeg they should be png.)

> Lenny is NOT having this problem. I built a VM of Lenny, after trying
> both Sid and a VM of Squeeze to be sure the same symptom occurred in
> Squeeze, and tested all three on the same DVD image.

If you want to debug it yourself you can take that Lenny image, and one at
a time upgrade individual dependencies then do a test rip, till you find
the package that triggers the error.

     -Ariel