Re: [VLC] Ati Radeon XPress 1250

Author: Jose Juan Montiel
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: [VLC] Ati Radeon XPress 1250
Hi,

> So, I don't have a precise suggestion Jose... except that the unstable repos
> are what they are; "latest" is not necessarily "greatest" ;-)  But... I'm
> pretty sure that these things will get sorted out in due time.

first of all, thanks for your time, to bring light to this problem.
Squeeze is very stable for me since last summer, and mplayer work :)
and talks like this help to get better squeeze.

> If you want to keep using dmo+unstable... you could pin avutils, swscaler,
> and friends to the pre-f82674e584d0550f3000658c6a579c4b9db139fe version;
> maybe Christian can explain exactly how that's done - for now, I'm just
> sticking w/ Lenny ;-)

I'll try some combinations, to see what happend, i think that the way
to learn is to try :)

> If it means that much... one could always try fixing the problem themselves
> :-/  I'd offer to do it except that I need to bring home some bacon, lol; so
> I can't say it's high on my list of priorities right now.  I'm kind of just
> hoping that emailing "higher authorities" will help move things along for
> you.

Again, thank for your time, to try solve me "problem" and other people
like me. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy if this solve finally.

> -Best wishes

Best wishes to you.

--
This is your badness level.
It's unusually high for someone your size.