Re: avidemux 2.6.1

Author: Nick Morrott
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: avidemux 2.6.1
On 15 February 2014 06:26, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@???> wrote:
> On 27 November 2013 16:56, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@???> wrote:
>
>> I'll investigate on a non-AMD based machine - this is strange as
>> avidemux never used to cause any issues on this machine.
>
> Christian,
>
> I've just built an i7 box (64-bit Debian Jessie) to replace the AMD
> machine (32-bit Debian Jessie) I was using when I first saw the
> segfaults with avidemux2_cli and avidemux-qt installed, so I thought
> I'd retest the current -dmo packages on the new install.
>
> Result: I still get the segfaults :(

Despite the success with determining why the avidemux2_cli install was
segfaulting I've found a much more serious issue with my install.

After some further testing of lossless cutting within avidemux_qt4 I
have uncovered a major issue with this x86-64 fresh installation
compared to my i386 install it is replacing:

When removing commercials from a recording, the audio stream after
cutpoints is not being handled correctly. Instead of the audio
continuing from after the cut material, it resets to the beginning of
the file AT EVERY CUTPOINT. This means edited files with 3 sections
removed have 4 copies of the audio from the start of the file. This is
not good :(

I can't see what's different about this x86-64 install compared to my
existing i386 Jessie box, so I've just downloaded and built debs (all
except for the GTK frontend) for avidemux 2.6.7. Lossless editing is
now flawless again - and the newer version is also much faster when
saving the lossless edited files (>22,000fps vs ~13,000fps on 2.5.6).

I'll test these local builds and see how I get on.

Cheers,
Nick