Re: avidemux 2.6.1

Author: Nick Morrott
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: avidemux 2.6.1
On 15 February 2014 10:43, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:
> Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@???> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> So, it appears that the filters installed from the avidemux-qt package
>> somehow break avidemux2_cli plugin scanning during startup, triggering
>> the segfault.
>
> Yes I agree.
>
>> I use avidemux_qt in copy mode (lossless editing of DVB MPEG-2 files)
>> so I don't need those filters available (at the moment), but I'm
>> wondering if the QT4 filters should be placed in another subdirectory
>> or whether there is something broken in upstream (I realise the dmo
>> version of avidemux is now quite old).
>
> avidemux is still the 2.5 branch because the GTK version is broken in
> 2.6.x. Apparently upstream is unable to work on that version. So I'll
> package 2.6.7 and drop the GTK version.
>
> http://avidemux.org/smuf/index.php/topic,12721.msg66264.html#msg66264

I read that too and was wondering if/when upstream might remove the
GTK frontend from the official release, until they can dedicate
development time to it.

>> Any thoughts on whether this might be fixable in the dmo avidemux packages?
>
> I've added a conflicts in the next 2.6.7-dmo1 package.

I've just tested the CLI frontend installed at the same time as the
QT4 frontend for the 2.6.7 build, and didn't have any problems with my
batch indexing script segfaulting. Early testing therefore suggests
the issues with the plugins seen in 2.5.6 are not present in this
version, but I'll do more testing and report any issues.

Thanks,
Nick