mythfrontend 0.24 freezes when editing recordings

Author: Craig Sanders
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: mythfrontend 0.24 freezes when editing recordings
Package: mythtv-frontend
Version: 0.24-0.0

i just upgraded to 0.24 yesterday. since then, whenever I edit a
recording it freezes as soon as i press the right-arrow key to skip
forward.

mythfrontend becomes completely unresponsive - i have to 'killall -1
mythfrontend' from a terminal to exit.

if i press ESC to abort before pressing ->, it doesn't freeze. pressing
'z' to import the commflag cutlist is OK too. pressing up or down arrow
works. but it freezes on ->.

it freezes regardless of whether it's set to move forward by cutlist,
keyframe, or by time.

i've experienced this every time i've tried it on two machines so far,
my main mythbackend/frontend, and the mythfrontend running on my desktop
machine.

i've seen freezes before during playback and editing when vdpau was new,
so i disabled vdpau in playback and tried again. it still freezes, so is
unlikely to be a vdpau problem.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@???>